Tuesday 31 July 2012

Dragon Boat paddling tonight with the Dirty Oars Dragon Boat Team

Great night on the water for Dragon Boat practice tonight! 
 
Ladies.......here is the recipe I was talking about.  Enjoy!
 
 
Quinoa Recipe
1/4 cup raw almonds (roast 375 for 7 min then chop...or use whole if you like)
1 cup quinoa (I mix white and red...about 1/4 cup red with the white...gives it more of a crunch)
1 tsp honey (organic)
1 T shallots chopped (Optional)
1 tsp curry powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
2 T lemon juice
pepper to taste
2 T grapeseed oil
2 T dried currants ( I use golden raisons)
1 small organic apple cut into slices (I use royal gala...slice or chop)
1.4 chopped mint leaves
whisk together honey, shallot if using, curry powder, salt, lemon juice in a large bowl. season with pepper. whisk in oil.
add quinoa, raisons, apple, mint and nuts and toss well with dressing
I have grilled and cut up chicken and added to the quinoa.

No comments:

Post a Comment